Sunday, June 19, 2016

6. McDonald's or MacDonald's?

When I was a small child I could piece together where they got the name for the Big Mac from. They didn't call it the Big Mc. I'm not certain, as I am with many more of these examples, that this restaurant chain actually used to be called "MacDonald's." But I think it did, and the evidence is in the name of their most prized burger.

I'm going to go on a quick tangent. About a year about a year ago, on a hungry night, I drove to the McDonald's drive-thru (not drive-through, right?) and was horrified by the menu. Previously blatantly unhealthy menu choices were gone; replaced by wannabe healthy meals with less fries and more lettuce/tomato. The quarter pounder with cheese had been replaced by something with lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise. I ordered one, and I couldn't even eat it. No "McVegetables" for me thanks. Whatever strange health kick McDonald's was on, I wanted no part of it.

I got home from work that morning and immediately blogged about Mickey D's new fuct up menu, and how this healthy illusion crap has gone too far. Nobody responded. A few days later I googled a quarter pounder with cheese... and found it to be the same old meat with onions and ketchup I grew up with. In fact, I could find no evidence anywhere to support my assertion that I had indeed been subjected to an alternate "healthy choice" menu.

I can still taste the McVegetables and the horrid Mcmayonnaise on that burger. But, I guess that never happened.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/573294227548026065/?lp=true

No comments:

Post a Comment